A fence is a barrier to mark a boundary; such a barrier can be made of posts and wire or boards.

Fences located within any "X" Flood Zone will not require a permit. However, a fence located within any "A" Zone or "V" Zone will require a permit and have the following requirements:

  • A completed Residential application;
  • A site plan showing the proposed location of the fence; and
  • A fence design indicating the elevation, type of material and depth of footing.

All application packets for properties located in a Floodway or the "V" Zones must include a Scour report, a Hydraulic Analysis, Flood Plain notes, and drawings signed and sealed by a Professional Engineer licensed in the state of Texas.

How to apply:

  • Apply online through E-Permits online - apply, pay for, and print your permits online.    

  • Apply in person at 10555 Northwest Freeway, Suite 120. This is a first-come, first-served walk-in or drop-off service. Same day permits are not guaranteed.