Step 3: Boarding Home Class 1 Permit - The Harris County Sheriff's Office will process, issue, investigate, suspend, revoke
and/or deny Boarding Home permits in accordance with the Boarding Home Regulations for Unincorporated Harris County.
Submit your Class 1 Boarding Home permit application, via e-Permits, with the required documents as outline in the Boarding Home Class 1 Permit Checklist below. See training video.
Effective March 1, 2021, all Boarding Homes operating in Unincorporated Harris County must be permitted in accordance with the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 260.
Boarding Homes in existence at the time of the adoption of these regulations have six (6) months from March 1, 2021 to initiate the
application process to obtain a Class 1 Boarding Home Permit.
Boarding Home Class 1 Permit Checklist
Boarding Home Permit Fees
Boarding Home Regulations
Step 3a: APPLY FOR A CLASS II PERMIT - Contact the Harris County Sheriff's Office Boarding Home Detail via Email Boardinghomes@Sheriff.hctx.net or call 832-927-2975 for an appointment.
All Owners/Operators, employees, and volunteers who have direct contact with Boarding Home residents are required to obtain a valid Class II Permit.
Documents required for issuance of Class II Permit
- Color copy of Government Issued Identification
- Color Copy of SS Card
- Signed Criminal History Statement
- Signed Owner/Employee Affidavit
- Food Handlers Permit
Pay as a Guest
Enter the name associated to the Class 2 permit fees in the format ‘Last Name, First Name’ and click ‘Search Details’
- If there are no search results, try entering just the ‘First name’ or the ‘Last name’ or the address associated to the Class 2 permit fees
- If there are still no search results, please contact the Harris County Sheriff's Office at Phone# 713-221-6000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org