How to Prepare HHW for Transport
- Pack wastes carefully in a box to prevent spillage during
transport (be prepared to leave your containers).
- Do not mix chemicals!
- Arrange similar chemicals containers together (e.g., put
pesticides together, solvents together, paints together). Please
make sure containers are not leaking and lids are tightly
sealed. If they are not sealed, place them in a larger container
- Label materials that are not in their original containers.
If you do not know what the substance is, contain and transport
it carefully to the event.
- Place your box of household hazardous waste in the trunk of
your car or in the bed of your truck.
- Drive slowly and pay attention to traffic personnel, signage
and safety cones when navigating the drop-off site.
- Please remain in your car while your hazardous waste is
unloaded by trained personnel.