Requirements for Record Drawing Inspection
A project is eligible for record drawing inspection at such time as the pavement and drainage facilities have been completed and the subdivision plat and required right-of-way of easement instruments have been recorded in the Official Public Records of Harris County.
To schedule a record drawing inspection, the Engineer of Record shall submit the following:
- A copy of the approved drawings for the project. These drawings shall be stamped record drawings, sealed by a licensed engineer and shall have the following statement. "The project is constructed in general conformance with these plans and elevations on these drawings represent what was constructed within engineering tolerances."
- Two copies of the recorded plat.
The Engineer of Record shall upload the following:
- A completed "Request for Initial Inspection Form" as promulgated by the County Engineer.
- A completed "Statement of Substantial Compliance Construction Materials Testing Project Review" as promulgated by the County Engineer demonstrating the project met all testing and performance requirements.
- A copy of the development permit or paving & organized storm sewer permits.
- A copy of the financial surety worksheet and receipt.
- Complete the plat account information on our website for the developer & contractors with email addresses.
- Complete the paving & drainage section on our website.