The Harris County Regulations for the approval and acceptance of Infrastructure was adopted April 30, 2002 and became effective May 15, 2002. Regulations were recently amended July 1, 2015.
These Regulations apply in all unincorporated areas of Harris County, Texas and those areas where Harris County maintains the rights-of-way.
At present, the Regulations of Harris County, Texas for The Approval and Acceptance of Infrastructure is available with the following content.
Section 1 Preliminary Provisions
- Section 2 Use Of Terms
- Section 3 General Provisions
- Section 4 Administrative Procedures For Review Of Plats
- Section 5 Administrative Procedures For The Review Of Construction Drawings
- Section 6 Drainage Requirements
- Section 7 Paving
- Section 8 Structures
- Section 9 Testing Requirements
- Section 10 Inspections
- Section 11 Acceptance Of Improvements Within Subdivisions
- Section 12 Traffic
- Section 13 Landscape And Monumentation
- Section 14 Variances
- Section 15 Severability
The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that the construction of infrastructure within the County's rights-of-way perform their intended function with limited maintenance and repair.